Friday, September 23, 2016

Out of the Blue and then there were Two!

The sky was a brilliant blue, the sun was shining, and I wanted to visit Arness Dock again. I mentioned it to mum and she opted to go, too. The clouds were incredible billows of cotton--I had talked to my friend, Kel, and it was hard to believe Soldotna had rain! 
 I set the camera down and took a surfside shot of a view from a rock. The Inlet is dark, but the scenery is stunning (as  usual).
 Mum picked up rocks and Obi? He barked at the waves.
 They appeared to not be too scary, he wagged his tail as he barked!
 A nearby bit of log driftwood provided a resting spot for mum--and she found more rocks to bring home. :o)
 When we got back to the house, we noticed moose tracks across the driveway. I was annoyed. I had come across tracks twice today with no moose sightings. As we organised the rocks, though, a cow came around the edge of the garage! We quickly locked Obi in the shop and watched her take a wide turn to a mowable part of mum's yard.

 It appeared she had a calf! They stayed put for quite a while.


 Here she is listening to Obi's distant bark from inside the shop. Eventually, mum put Obi on a leash and he was rushed into the house. I'm pretty sure he didn't notice the moose. He was barking in the shop because he was locked up. I kept close to mum's vehicle and made sure I had an escape if she objected to my photography. (I really wasn't as close as the camera suggests)
 Here, she is looking at me.
 We hoped this was a parting shot, but alas. It wasn't the end of their sojourn in the immediate vicinity.
 The rain Kel mentioned a couple of hours earlier, descended upon man, duck, and moose. So, the young one hunkered down for a nap under the watchful eyes of mom.


 Then, after about half the Mariners game, I looked outside to see if they were still around. Yup, the cow had settled down, too!!!
I didn't see them after the game and mum took Obi out on a leash. Everything appears calm for the moment.

No comments: