Thursday, September 01, 2016

First of Spetember

It was so pretty today I decided to weed out the path to the shore. When I was out after dark, I realised trying to find the path with a flashlight was not entirely efficient. So, I got on a pair of boots and waded out. On the way down, I startled some late ducks. I noticed there is one golden eye hanging with the mallards. They are still pretty shaky on their wing feathers, which is why they are still around. 
 As I was weeding, I stubbed my boot toe on something. It was another pallet. It appears there is more under water than one thinks! I even checked to make sure it wasn't the one from a previous summer. Although, that particular one wasn't a whole pallet.
                                             
 I got VERY dirty! I did pick the weeds off my face and arms and neck. My boots were filled with water, I had to go in deeper than the tops. Of course.
                                                         

 After I got all dried off, I decided to go out and play in the water. Since the boots were full of water, I didn't have anything on my feet (something I rarely do, go barefoot!). This water weed decided I needed an ankle bracelet. I unwound it from my limb and tossed it overboard!
 As I was paddling, I stuck my foot in the water. Cold, but not too bad! At the far end of the lake is a sort of rocky landing. It is still mucky, but usable. I went in the water up to my thighs and splashed around. I did not swim. If I had on water shoes, I probably would have. I was annoyed I'd left them in the house!
 View from my wading spot. Sparkling sunshine!!!
 Sun reflection in the water!
 This is the photo of the tree in the video I attempted to take and share. I added this photo in case the video doesn't work!!!! It is a shaky video, Jon is the one who takes videos in the family!!


 Thank you for sharing the first of September with me!!!!

No comments: