Thursday, September 08, 2016

Little Things

It is fun to find the smaller things around the lake. I love these plants--I don't remember their name, but they are one of the few Alaskan leaves which turn red in fall. 

 This caught my eye. It is growing out of a knot hole in a downed birch.
 I love lichen and the shapes it takes.
 The tiny birch leaves are shimmering gold and rustling the soft sounds of autumn.
 These are grasses growing on the lake edge. There WAS a tiny black bug crawling on one of the stems, but as the shutter clicked, it fell off into the water and swam away.
 Downy duck feathers barely touching the skin of the lake-
 Bubbles and leaves, exquisite in form as they float.
 This reflection of dying weed roots never ceases to enthrall me. I kept staring at it, watching it change as the kayak drifted.
 I laughed when I this one popped on the screen. I was trying to see inside the miniature black knothole. When I saw what I had taken, I saw a face!!!!
 A tiny light to illuminate my way in the dark. A great idea, especially when they strong solar batteries!

No comments: