Thursday, September 22, 2016

Last Week of 'Summer'

Leaves have been changing and falling fast this last week before the official start of fall. I've wandered around the Pipeline Road and other places out north reveling in the amazing world of a very short Alaskan Autumn. 


OK, this is just a fun photo of a truck in the Safeway parking lot--Not bad for a Chevy!
 Back to fall--A bed of ferns fading under the trees.



 A peek of the shore near Traxinger's lake-
 Egbert/Cress lake (not an official name, I left that paperwork in Oregon this summer).


Two of my tree friends. The tall one is Clint (remember Clint Eastwood singing 'I talk to the trees' in 'Paint Your Wagon'??) and the tiny one in the lower right of the photo is Stumpy. If you look close, you can see faces on each of them. I will go out after this windstorm and see how Clint fared. He's pretty tilted...

 I love this mountain almost as much as Redoubt!
 A scattering of birch leaves give mum's car a hint of gild in the wind and rain.
 The really funky pair of mushrooms has now morphed into a golden Audrey!! As I snapped the photo, I heard it cry 'Feed Me!' I did peek inside, but kept my fingers out!
 Mum and Obi, on the last day of summer, walking on the beach near Arness Dock.
 Obi insisted on barking at the roiling surf. Mom looked for rocks.
 The black shape inside the star is a youngster enthusiastically rolling down the hill of rocks exposed by a very low tide. Once at the bottom, the child raced by to the top and rolled down again!
 The surf was loud. It isn't often you can hear the sound of the waves pounding on the shore. It was beautiful with scattered rays of sunshine amidst the raindrops. A perfect afternoon on the last day of summer.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

I thought the Chevy in the middle of everything was a nice touch. Also enjoyed the Little Shop of horrors reference.