Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Story Time 1

I am really behind on posts! I took these in the last days of September at Jim and Needra's house (well, not the first one! That was taken by Kari at mom's church.). 
 The home is perched between two lakes. Marie Lake and Bishop Lake. I have heard a family of swans has come out of hiding and I hope to pop over to see them before they migrate. Below is a view of the Nikiski Senior Center. It is available for all kinds of events and hosts games during the week.
 View of Lake Marie

 This bird house is home to a squirrel! It sort of looks like a head mount!!! But, he was very much alive and alert to what I might be doing!

 Bishop Lake in the sun. It is the bigger of the two lakes.
 This is Needra and Jim's cat, Figaro the I can't remember how many. 4 or 5???? It has a sort of continuity to keep the name the same for every cat!
I love to hear Needra tell stories of when they were homesteading on the Kenai. She can always make her listeners laugh and sit amazed at some of the experiences she has had.

No comments: