Saturday, October 08, 2016

Things odd, strange, and wonderful!

This is sort of a hodge podge of pics. The first ones I took last night down at the Tesoro beach. The others were from a walk I took on the 4th, I think. 
 The colors were not stellar, yet it was still amazing. Alaskan gold!
 I found this rather large jelly while I was waiting for 7pm, when the sun really was set to drop into the mountains. I was surprised it was almost as big as my shoe. It was obvious it had been there a while!
Earlier Photos~
When I finally got around to taking the easement road to see where it came out, I found several VERY odd and strange things. Those words do not necessarily mean the same thing! When I reached a fork in the road, I found an airstrip I didn't know existed!!! There is also a for sale sign for a property off to the left--a stunning property on a lake. When I went back to mom's, I walked on the edge of the airstrip. It was faster-

 I was surprised to find this across the easement. You can tell not many people have been down this power line road recently. It was kind of disconcerting to go around it. There was a house and several broken down rigs (cement truck parts and other assorted mechanical debris) on the right side. On the left was a house that screamed 'BIG BARKING LOOSE DOGS'. Thankfully, I didn't disturb any as I passed. I did tiptoe as best I could!!!!
 Found this ultra cool use for rocks and poles. The rocks are in cylinders of chicken wire.
 I found a lake. Not a real surprise. This part of Alaska is dotted with lakes. This one is stocked, however. I heard a large splash and saw a good sized ripple after.
 Very intriguing set up in a birch tree. The tall slender parts seem at odds with the twisted one below.
 This is where I stopped to turn around and go back to mom's. It was getting kind of close to dinner and I had no idea how much longer it would take to get to Lamplight. Since I now knew where I was, I figured I didn't need to continue. I was pretty surprised to have the easement end up in someone's yard, but I wasn't going to try to find it again.
 This grouping of golden mushrooms made me laugh. They are camouflaged to look like the leaves!
 If you look at the very top of the photo, you will see the Pipeline Road. This beginning part of the easement is well maintained, for being an easement!! I had shared photos of this a few weeks back. This is about where I found the chain and the black ski cap in the trees.
 Not long after I got home, we found this lady in the yard. We assumed it was the mom with the calf. We were partially right. She was a mom, but this cow had TWO calves!
 They didn't hang out long, but they enjoyed their stay in the yard. I'm not sure there are many rosehips left!!
 Before the kids left, one of them was rubbing on the flag stuck in the tire. I guess the poor kid had an itchy cheek!!!!
Mom also had a two of these on the feeder. Everyone was coming to mom's yard for a snack!!! 

No comments: