Saturday, October 08, 2016

Temperature is dropping!!!!

It is getting COLD out there!!!! I wish I had a transporter to trade my shorts for sweatshirts. Apparently, it is even too cold to get the paper to the paper box! 
 Frosted golden leaves- they looked better in the sunshine! All glittery and decorated with crystals.
 I had emptied the hose once, but it appears I managed to forget the last time. I had left it hooked up cuz mom wanted to wash the windows. After letting it thaw, Debbie was able to disconnect the thing and I put it away for the winter. Hooray for wonderful angel friends!
 Somehow these were a lot more fun in 'Real Genius'......
 Went out after dinner to dip a paddle in the lake again. I had to break thru a skin of ice on the edge! There was even ice in the kayak! I came back to shore before it was able to melt.
 Stunning sky tonight, I probably should have looked for a sunset--but I enjoyed the lake. It is always different. I can see why Thoreau enjoyed his pond so much. An amazing ecosystem of ever changing worlds.
 Quite possibly the last lake selfie. I did a face plant coming out of the shop where we keep the life jacket. I was very glad I didn't trip getting out of the kayak!!! (I am not sure what I tripped over. More than likely, it was my feet.)

 If you look at this reflection closely, you can see a 'D' and what might be some other letters. The 'close up' I took didn't come out very well.
I think it reads 'Doo'...whatever that might mean! 

No comments: