Thursday, June 04, 2015

Rainy Days Out North

Mittens is almost always willing to be photographed, as cats are. 
 Woke up to pouring rain and wind. It lasted most of the day, so we hung around the house.
 Later, however, it calmed down again. I decided to trek outside after we watched the Mariners lose by one to Tampa Bay. I didn't like where this particular willow was, but I liked how it looked. So, I photographed it before uprooting it! (making the path down to the lake easier-I need to work on all those darn rosebushes next)
 This is from the far end of the lake (it is about 10pm or so). You can see mum's house in yellow and the neighbor's float in reddish orange. I overheard them discussing sleeping out there this summer. I may ask if I can do that one night as well! I'll need to tie up the kayak, though. Early morning swims are not very warm!
The lily pads are so pretty as they emerge from the lake. I can see hard balls of yellow buds following behind!
 The lake was so calm after today's storm, I found I could photograph mum's house upside down!
 There was fun stuff all around the lake. Sometime, when I have nothing else to share, I'll post those odd things. This one was too cool to keep back. I like the fall of the old grasses against the greens of the new.
 And, to round out this set of pictures, Mittens, again! (I took it the same day as the first one--Wednesday.)

No comments: