Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Ducks, Blooms, and Sky.

This blog post is mostly photos. I wanted to sit down by the lake and photograph the ducks, so I sprinkled cracked corn in the water. Well, it was VERY hot today and I got all sweaty waiting for them. I thought about The Bird Woman from 'Freckles' and couldn't do it. I don't have the fortitude of that fictional photographer of birds! I even went back out in the kayak before dinner, to see if they'd show up. They didn't. At least, not until dinner and the Mariners baseball game! I zoomed in on them from mum's house! 



 Eventually, the families swam off and I took a few pictures of lupine. For my friend, Chris, who calls these 'blue bonnets'. And I was surprised, they DO kinda look like little bonnets-in a funky sort of way.


 Later, the ducks came back. I must have sprinkled more cracked corn down there than I thought! There were at least two families, but
 Bottoms up!!!
 Mommy did it, so can I!!

 The clouds rolled in FAST tonight. We were expecting dry thunderstorms. It is warm and gray and breezy. Reminded me a lot of the weather in Eastern Oregon. Cept, no rain.....we can hope some falls sometime tonight. But it is already midnight and we  have pewter skies and dry warm wind. Can't even see the sun anymore!


No comments: