Monday, June 15, 2015

HOT HOT HOT!

It was HOT today-in the 80's out north and I spent part of it on mum's lake. The part after 7:30 pm. 
 Reading in a kayak is more work than reading in a rowboat. There isn't much room to move, you need to protect your book thoroughly, and the winds move  you hither and yon. I kept needing to move away from the shore, the wildlife was very distracting!
 One of my better Golden-eye photos. Am pretty sure she had a passel of littles, but these guys are terrible moms and often swim off and forget their babies.
 The sewing needle (what mum calls them) dragon flies were all over (and mating!) in the grasses on the shore.
 Just a feather. I was rather impressed when I saw it on the computer screen. I'd have to rate this one a Jonathan photo!
 The bigger dragonflies were also mating and made clicking noises as they launched into the sky chasing each other. I wondered if the noise was from their wings or something else. Fun to watch.
 I took this because am not sure how many bright blue skies we'll see. The fire from Sterling has grown and with the one up in Willow, our area is gonna get smoke. We're supposed to stay in the warm breezy temps all week. It has kept the mosquitoes down, but I really don't like fires.

No comments: