Thursday, June 18, 2015

A day in June

Dad's bench at Erik Hansen's Scout Park. (you can google the park in Kenai and reach a pdf file from the city) 
It is a very pretty park with a couple of lovely flower beds and a statue of a Boy Scout. There are several benches, all with names on them, overlooking the inlet. I was particularly taken with the stunning white columbine. The bees were impressed, too!




After getting back home from our town excursion, I went back out on the lake. (we watched the Mariners win and had dinner, first!) I was going to just paddle around and got distracted. We had some terns visiting. I can't tell if they are Caspian or Arctic, I need to get a better look at their legs! I watched them slice between the air currents, dart to the surface of the lake, kiss their reflections (OK, they were catching bugs or getting a drink!), and look incredibly endearing! I also found my elusive water creature. Mum calls it a zoomer, she thinks it may be an otter. I am getting more certain it is a muskrat. Whatever it is, it is fast and definitely a mammal. As I look at this particular photo--am pretty sure this is actually a stick (shades of 'Father Goose'??). The next one I'll post is of the creature.
If you have a pretty good imagination and squint while dancing on your left foot, the brown shape is sort of life like....
This last photo was actually one of my first ones. I got to visit with Reese and Aliro and this little truck came thru the neighborhood. Playing, of all things, Music Box Dancer. It was beautiful and nostalgic, but I kinda expected something more along the lines of summer..like The Beach Boys. 

No comments: