Thursday, June 05, 2014

Many Hands (and paws)

This septic job isn't done yet, but it has been a lot larger than anyone anticipated. 
 I had hoped to get the lakeside tidy and tree removal was the first step. Rosebushes are the next things to lose their spot on the path to water!
 Help came in many forms. A small dog, a four wheeler with a winch, a smart manager,and a lot of elbow grease!


 Then, we tackled the doors. They were a pain to take out, but they were almost worse to replace! Houses in the 70's were not much at all like houses today.
 The main door was finally installed and is almost complete (some paint and a bit of filler does as much for a door frame as it does for some gals!).
 Here we are before the outside was painted. It is a pretty nifty set up, if I do say so, myself!!!
Still lots left to do, but it will give me something to do when I come back next summer!

No comments: