Friday, December 18, 2020

To ANC and then South

Early on the morning of the 29th, I left the Kenai with a very dear friend who has given me so much help in so many areas. Gary and Elaine L were going to Delta Junction and offered to drive me to ANC. It really wasn't early, but I was tired and it felt early!! 
We drove through construction and Gary mentioned the same area was under construction in '83!!! Some things never change.
They dropped me off at Julie B's condo and we did a ton of ANC errands, had lunch out, and visited a super pretty lake that I do not remember the name of. I believe it was manmade. It was super neat to see all the persons out fishing for trout. This afternoon, I also got to meet Julie's rabbits and, again, was incredibly thankful for the friendship of this beautiful woman. 
I felt akin to the ducks. Many of them were close to migration, but not quite. My migration would commence the next day, after staying the night with Debbie and Arnold. I tried new foods and realised anew how special friendships forged in 6th grade remain!  


Alaska is a place of beauty and life and maybe someday I'll return. Meanwhile, Oregon is the resting place now for this duck! 

No comments: