Wednesday, December 09, 2020

The very last day

The lake was stunning my last morning on the Pipeline Road. Calm and not a speck of rain on the surface. 
I had purchased flowers to leave at the house in a crystal vase. I thought the new owners would like them. However, since the sale didn't close til the middle of Nov, I'm not sure what kind of condition the flowers were in when the new owners took possession!! 
This was a bittersweet thing to toss. A million years ago, when I was in HS, I was part of a Youth Conservation Corps team in the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. I used this back pack. It is completely outdated, but it was a part of my life for a very long summer. It held many memories, but it needed to be put aside. Kind of like the house out north. The house has always been a place of comfort, but it is just a smidge of my Alaskan root system. That part wasn't as hard to pull or remove as one might think. The rest of my roots, though..Those are still stuck hard. 

one of my absolute very favorite Alaskan songs by The Redhead Express: 



When I was cleaning mom's vehicle again, I found this. I'm not entirely sure how long it had been in the car, but it is clean now!!! 

This angel was one of the oddest things ever. It was in Audrey's guest room and it was so pretty. I didn't really notice it at first. Then, I turned off the light and saw a glowing almost mustache shape. Startled, I turned the light on again and found this angel. It was what glowing in the dark! I giggled quite a while before finally falling to sleep watching the sky and listening to the surf outside. 

What a blessed place North Kenai has been in my life. I'm so thankful I was able to spend so long back in the place where my roots are. Not just a summer, but entire seasons in a full circle more than once. The Peninsula will always be in my heart, my soul, and in the rocks all around me. I'm so glad I brought so many back to Oregon! I'm so thankful my family adjusted to my travels and to flying back and forth, themselves. It truly is a great place to visit and belong. 
 

No comments: