Wednesday, December 09, 2020

Hearts and Hands

 The last week I was in Alaska, I was incredibly busy. So were a great many who opened their hearts and their hands to me. I will probably miss some of them in this post. I'll do my best to name as many as I can! 

The weekend Julie B came down to help, I took part of Saturday and visited Soldotna for a hazardous waste dump day. There were a LOT of people who went. 

I got rid of a great deal in the shop. Some of them dad had opened and left on shelves!!! 
There was a lady from one of the thrift stores who came out a couple of times, Julie B, Kim (who never managed to get photographed except when I snapped it as she helped load the wooden work bench in the truck a few posts ago), Kari M with some dear folks from North Star helped empty the shed, and Pastor April took a few things for me when she visited the house. Kari was one of the most efficient persons in my life over the last years. She sorted music and took books and found homes for so many things from clothes to furniture to a doll that mum always meant to fix and I finally did..even though, I wasn't sure where the woman it belonged to was! Kari has found her. I only hope it was the right doll!!! 

The neighbor's were amazing. Kim is one of those and Karen C and her boys did a great deal for me up until the moment I left. 
Janet and Lee came and got many things from mom's. Her room was one of the last to get emptied because it was so easy to put things in. 
Sweeping was a huge chore! This is my old bedroom after it was completely empty. 
Jim took apart mum's bed I'd been sleeping on after he finished hauling more stuff away and helped get rid of mom's organ that was in the garage until AFTER I left! This guy was so helpful, I should have gotten him more than one meal out! 
Elaine cleaned walls and cupboards and swept and was a blessing. She  and her husband even drove me to ANC the day I left North Kenai!  
My last day out north was incredibly busy. I cleaned and talked to so many people and cried and was so very blessed by so many. I stayed that night with Audrey J, almost stayed with Steve B. and his parents, and am very glad I went to Audrey's. No one knew she'd be gone in a few weeks and then Steve's dad died a bit later. No one knows how long we have. We must enjoy and be thankful for those moments we have and the people who are a part of them. 

No comments: