Thursday, July 02, 2015

A pretty odd, intriguing, strange day.

Today is Tony's 26th birthday. I was bound and determined to spend part of it sitting with dad and eating mint chocolate chip ice cream. It was a dream. I went to two different places that carried ice cream and finally decided to not bother. I went out to sit with dad for a little bit and then met with a friend who gave me a shot of Diet Dr. Pepper. That was a perfect pick me up. 
 These are some lovely works of art in a peaceful sanctuary. I walked in and felt relaxed almost instantly. I liked the explanations about the art-I hope the photos turned out ok!



I did stop at DQ to get ice cream in Soldotna.  The selection isn't as grand as the one in Milton, but I decided on the Jurassic Park Blizzard (it is the cookie dough one). I figured it would be close to something Tony might enjoy. So, I sat down with my ereader to wait for them to call my name. Alas, an elderly man stopped by my table to ask about books and ereaders. Being an avid book person, I reluctantly stopped what I was doing to show him how they worked. They called my name and I took EVERYTHING up with me to get my mini treat and the guy was still at my table. So, while the poor snack melted, I shared more information about books and ereaders. THEN, he tells me why he wants one and finally asks about my ice cream. I knew he was trolling for chicks, but really??????? He then admitted that he just liked to talk to pretty girls (!!!!!!!!!) and finally left so I could clean off the table where my ice cream had dripped and finish the chapter I was reading. NEXT time, I'm going with people!!!!

I went out to 'see' dad again and fishing boats were coming in heading up the Kenai to the canneries. The tide  had come in and it was fun to watch the boats. And the best part was seeing a family sitting on dad's bench!! It turns out they knew of dad and knew of me, and know mum and Janet. They also live out north near mum. Small world. But, a lot of fun. 

Finally, I ended my day at the Nikiski Pool. I dropped in to see if I could spot a friend from HS. Yup, I saw her and thought, 'There is another one who hasn't changed one smidge in over 30 years!' I am hoping to see her (among others) tomorrow at the Kenai Fine Arts Center. Should be fun! While at the pool, I saw an interesting bit of car care done in camo duct tape.  


















 I got back to mum's and decided I needed some well deserved internet time! I hope you had a fun day, today, Tony. One that wasn't quite as odd as mine!

No comments: