Friday, November 21, 2008

T minus 7?

I must have been off last time..Whatever, in one week we will have our son home with us!!! Yippee!!!!

OK, on another note, this one is potatoes and projects!

These photos are of the very last of the purple potatoes. I put them in our stew the other day. I liked having red, white, and 'blue' potatoes. It made eating very patriotic! NOTE: Purple potatoes are not good to use for potato soup. It makes the soup look rather gray and forbidding!!!! Although, if you close your eyes, it tastes just as good as any other potato soup!

Here we have a bulletin board I made on the back of our shelving unit...the one I am NOT done with yet! Notice how the 'wild things' are nearest the computer???? And yes, that is my apron on the edge. I have not gotten it moved yet. (and YES, I do wear it..I have two different ones that I like to wear and I don't need any more.)

Last, is our flag bench. It was a table from a friend, but it needed work. So, J and I chipped off the tiles, took the table apart, and I used the flag part here. The rest of the colored bits are going to be used elsewhere. The base was poured at the same time as our concrete for the addition..I just hadn't done much since we got all the tile chipped off the table. I still have to fill in the spaces..grout, I think it is called. It should look pretty nice when it is all done. I am not sure when I will get to 'finish' it. It is getting really cold out now and I covered it for next spring. I had to fiddle a lot to make the flag stripes look ok. I think the original flag was wider or something. I ended up using white dots for the stars instead of the white tile and I wanted to use red and blue dots, but then I wouldn't have any use for the tile! The red was hard to match, so I just left it. The other dots were iridescent, anyway, and didn't look right at all! The black edge is to make is nicer to sit on. I hope!

Books reading. Still This Old House and a Loring one.

1 comment:

aksunflour said...

purple cabbage also is best not used in soups/stews or corned beef and cabbage.

thank you for the explanation of what was on your cutting board, thought you somehow got a hold of some extremely large mussels/clams.