Thursday, November 06, 2008

So close!!!!

Things are so close!! We will move our stuff and many of the pets on Saturday..or Sunday. The carpet gets put in either tomorrow or Sat..prolly on Sat. The phone is working and our pastor was the very first one to call us! The internet is supposedly up, but as we have not moved the computer and stuff..we are not sure on that. We are working in the Eyrie (T's room), the trim for the Bear Den (J's room--he wants to call it something else!) is done and needs attached to the walls, and our bedroom is getting lovely. I should have used a white trim paint for the trim, but was using what we had. Mum sent a lovely blue gauze like material and I found a velvety like blue stuff in my fabric..I used the filmy stuff NOT for what mum thought I would. It is a swag over some other curtains and looks fabulous! S doesn't care for it..says it is too frilly. I told him it wasn't frilly, it was Grecian! So, he did a mimicry of the Grecian Urn from Music Man. I swatted him and he will just have to live with it! My closet under the stairs is really pretty and the addition is looking like a house. Fun, fun, fun!!!

Living room without the new carpet.

Mostly done shelves!!! I might paint the inside vertical edges, but I am not sure!
Part of the Eyrie closet..pun intended!!!
J's closet and the linen closet..J thought the whole thing was his closet!!! The odd spaces by the door is where the wider closet doors will be.
Reading Tamora Pierce's Protector of the Small series. Almost done.

2 comments:

Kanga said...

I loved Pierce's Protector of the Small Series. You realize, of course, it's about a girl who went to college and was a Bible major, right? I cried.

aksunflour said...

sorry not getting the Eyrie connection.

Glad things are going well on your house- I did try to call today. Was in need of creative inspiration- but think I got it. Stay tuned.....