Tuesday, November 18, 2008

T minus 10!

Yup, 10 days til T's home!!!!! We have several countdowns going, we'll just add one here. We have been busy getting his room done. Today, I worked on my bench. The concrete one that has a flag on it. It was super nice outside and I just did NOT want to work on something inside. I have a few more stripes to do and after it dries I can mortar in the edges! Very time consuming, but lots of fun. Oddly enough, I did not take any before pix of the thing...so, you'll have to wait to see the final product! I really should have done this during the summer. Procrastination is my middle name!

TV guy finally came, J got to practice his bari here, and we have been in the house for a week. I still can't believe it. Still lots to do, but we have time. I do think the hardest part of this last move has been finding the things we packed last November...I am going to have to buy a couple of pans. We cannot find them anywhere at all. Very frustrating. And yes, I DID mark the boxes. I just did not do extensive inventory on the items and paste the sheet to the inside of the box.
Teddy was sleeping in Jon's closet when the TV guy was here. He knows the door goes in the house and was waiting for someone to open it!

Here is the addition, again! We still need to put on the siding and finish up the outside of the window in the Eyrie. The field is the view from the Eyrie. It varies from one horse to three horses. The 'neighbors' across from the horse barn have a camper trailor with a woodstove in it, a loud dog, and loud people. Not sure how the lady who has the white car can stand it, she's very nice and older (80's).

Not reading too much at this time. Well, that is not exactly true, This Old House magazines are lots of fun!!!

1 comment:

aksunflour said...

still don't understand the Eyrie thing.

But what a view! incredible. also you get lots of fertilizer nearby.

good luck finding your pots/pans.
And as for procrastinating on your bench- you had more important things to do. Like make the house liveable!