Friday, September 01, 2017

Nutty over Nuthatches!

Some of our busier neighbors stopped by today. They were acting as if they knew something we didn't as they scurried around doing their daily chores. They are incredibly well dressed folk, pairing their lighter brown waistcoats with a blue/black hood and cloak. A black scarf stripes across their eyes from their pointed mouths-I sometimes wonder if they belong to a ninja order. The members of this particular family are incredibly acrobatic!!! Each one is shod in what appears to be a pale gold. Striking and surprisingly fashionable. 
They are friendly folk. They like to drop by on what appears to be a whim and then they dart off to the next thing on their agenda. During a recent visit, I was able to take several photographs of what I believe to be different ages in this lovely family. At first, they seemed uncertain, but quickly warmed to the snacks, eventually ignoring my camera. I was thrilled they allowed me to do this, some of the other families around prefer privacy over popularity. I did wonder if the icy chill in the brisk afternoon breeze helped encourage them to visit so long.. No matter, we had fun and I hope you enjoy this small (really!) montage of our time together. 
(NOTE: in my layout, there are two photos in each 'line'. The preview is not like my composition and will make this particular post really long. Trying to fix things often loses the post completely! Blogspot is not entirely user friendly sometimes!)



















I have always loved nuthatches. They are bold, friendly birds and will alight on hats, boots, and hands. Some of the visitors chose pre shelled seeds, others took them shell and all. It was decidedly windy during this shoot-ruffling feathers and hair alike!

No comments: