Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Jon's Alaska-Sunday

With the exception of the first two photos, Jon took the rest and shared them with his mum. What a nice kid!!! 
Jon's car was upgraded and he went for it. I'm not entirely sure how we'll manage to get mum into it, but it appears her car will NOT get worked on this week, so we will not need it for mum's appointments. 
Jon stopped on the way down from ANC a couple of times. It was raining and overcast, but he managed to get some pretty shots of the Inlet. He had a spot of trouble and missed the turn for the Sterling Hwy and ended up in Seward. He eventually reached the house. He was pretty tired since his Saturday started around 3.  
 Sunday morning, the lake was like glass. Jon went out in the kayak-he really needs a larger vessel, but enjoyed himself. It astounds me how I take photos of the same sorts of things and his are so different. (I wish Chris J was alive to see them, she always enjoyed seeing pictures of home...)



 In the afternoon we went to both the Tesoro beach (Salamatof) and Arness Dock (Nikishka Beach).

 His second journey onto the lake resulted in more stellar photos. I've tried to get the ducks in flight, this is not bad at all!


We ended the day by eating outside and later heading into Kenai for sustenance for a younger male palate. Actually, it wasn't much different from what I get mum and I! But, we are pretty much set for the week. I hope!

No comments: