Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Sky, Water, and Wind.

Often we'll get stunning skies to end the rainy days. Unfortunately, the red skies at night doesn't quite work and more rain shows up later! 


The last couple of days have been quite breezy. You can see how it whipped around my flimsy locks while I was down by the lake. 
The normal mill pond of our lake had actual 'swells' on it! A couple of times, I even spied the beginning of a white cap. Definitely not something we see too often out here. The water snicked against the tires the pallets were sitting on and transported me to Minnesota. I almost felt like I was in Duluth on Pike Lake!!! Odd how sounds can take you back to a time in your past. However, I didn't have a fishing pole and the air was NOT warm! 


 While sitting on the edge of the 'dock' I was able to get a photograph of the bank near the house I don't generally get. Mostly because I'd be out in the water and trying to beach the kayak instead of taking pictures! There are some signs of fall, it isn't quite here, but soon.......

No comments: