Saturday, June 03, 2017

May moves into June

May ended with a couple of rather lovely days. I didn't get out but one of them--I am very thankful I did! 
Ducks!!!! (Goldeneyes)
 Mum was given some raspberry plants by a family near here. I need to plant them.
The second of June we saw babies on the lake!!! I think, but am not entirely positive, they are green winged teals. I decided to walk to the point on our side of the lake and barely got 15 feet on the lake shore before almost stepping on this family! I need to have better reaction time, I forgot how to use my cell phone camera and almost didn't get these shots! 
 Mama duck was VERY put out with me. I was watching where I was going and I totally didn't see them til they exploded almost underfoot!!! Mama played wounded duck for quite a while. I retreated in quick order. Later, I went out in the kayak and didn't see any babies. And it was VERY VERY VERY cold!!! I had on a tank top with the life jacket and should have hand on a sweatshirt!
 I need to dig a channel in the lake. The kayak is mired in muck. I had to scoot it up far enough so I could exit into the goo. Last summer, this would have been water.
 Before I went out on the lake (that was just after 9 pm), I dashed to town to give JaLeen the flowers mum asked me to buy yesterday. Mum was fully intending on attending the dance recital, but felt really horrible at 4 pm when I woke her to see if she wanted to get ready.
I didn't get to see JaLeen, but I did see Janet and Lee and Connie and Connie's mom and Jim and a few others! Janet and Lee took photos after-I thought JaLeen did hip-hop. She does jazz. I can't remember exactly what Janet said hip-hop was like, but I did bring her two tylenol cuz she said she forgot hers! 

No comments: