Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Do it for the seed!

I was unable to chronicle how this guy gets into this feeder stuck to the window. He (it is a male) pulls himself up from the window edge below after climbing the trellis and siding. He didn't like me watching and jumped from his prime snacking seat. The birds took over again and he moved on. I will keep an eye on him and if he does this again, I'll catch it on chip.  

 Mum  has many bird feeders in the yard. Most of them are on shepherd's hooks...which don't seem to be an issue for agile squirrels. This guy climbed up a pole and entertained me for quite some time.





 This last one hasn't the squirrel in it. He was trying to reach across the feeder, got tangled up, ended beneath it, and fell to the ground. He landed on all fours and was visibly unimpressed by my laughter. He ran off into a bush and didn't come back for quite some time!
photos all take with cannon powershotsx 15 ix or something like that, the logo is worn off and the grit  from the tree cutting last fall is still inside the lens.

No comments: