Saturday, August 06, 2016

Peaceful Reflection

This has been a busy weekend--and it is only Saturday! We've had a great deal of rain out here in North Kenai. It has been splendid weather for the ducks. I am pretty sure the lake has gotten higher (they appear to be discussing the topic in this photo I took!) and it has made for messy outside jobs. 


I was working on the drive (baby steps) and ran across this tenacious root (above). It was not letting me use the axe to chop it out (I used the clippers). It made me realise how important it is to bounce back from ridiculous experiences. Like tugging on a small tree branch stuck in the soil, sinking deep into clay, and falling on my butt! I had no idea there was clay in the yard. I almost thought I was at Capt Cook State Park! 
 After I got cleaned up, I worked on a project Janet started. Baby steps to get mom's books out of boxes and storage and on shelves.

 During the lull in the rain (when I took the photo of the ducks), I was able to capture a tiny photo bomber in this flower! I was surprised when I looked at the enlarged picture. I had no idea the little guy was in there.

 In a dying fuchsia, a wasp was hiding out. I imagined the poor hated creature finding a safe harbor in the folds of a fancy flower and how it might have welcomed the peace inside.

 Peace!
 Back inside, I found this rather unusual, to me, fire extinguisher. It doesn't look easy to use. (the  brush things don't go with it!)

 Then, I started this frustrating project. Made in USA, it was badly packaged. The plastic ends were all wonky and I had to CARVE out sections where the round pegs were supposed to go. (Thank you to Jonathan for getting me my multi tool after my first sojourn in the north) When I finished, I had to call the house and got to talk to Jon. My finished product wasn't quite even with that part of the floor. Jon was helping me figure out what I should do. I finally stuck a tiny bit of linoleum under it as it WAS even in a different part of the laundry room!
 (the X in the plastic on the left was supposed to be a hole to put a peg in--like the one on the right. I made the X with the knife and carved out the solid plastic.)
 I put it together so we could move some of mom's yarn totes to a more organised locale. There are a lot more to add, but taking those baby steps! And remembering to bounce back. :o)

1 comment:

Daniel said...

The fuchsia photos are amazing! Thanks for sharing! Best of luck in organizing that frustrating sounding house.