Sunday, August 14, 2016

Angels Among Us

Posts about the driveway are almost at an end. There are still things which need done, but the largest bit has been smoothed over by angels. Three of mom's neighbor's. Boys from across the lake who spent at least 5 hours in two days using rakes, shovels, and clippers to make things beautiful again. I was pretty worn out, then I realised something. I am  more than the age of all 3 of these kids combined!!! 
I'll let the pictures tell their story. 










 Janet was able to find some tires for me. The boys helped to put them around the tiny pipes left by the men who put in the septic and drain field. I need a LOT more orange spray paint and a couple more flagging markers to keep folks from running into them. I'm super impressed with how nice it looks.
The excavation of mom's wood pile  has been interesting. When we get the downed trees cut up and an area set up to chop and store the logs before putting it in her small shanty for wood, then we can scatter the fireweed and wildflower seeds. It will be even more lovely next summer!
 On my walk afterwards, I found two heart rocks. I should have found three. One for each of the amazing angels who worked in our yard. I am truly thankful and blessed by people around us who reach out with hands to help when we don't expect it.


No comments: