Saturday, August 27, 2016

For the Birds!!!

I was amazed at how many woodpeckers there have been around the house. I'm pretty sure at least one of these is a juvenile. I also found a brown creeper, but he was too fast to photograph! Elusive and about 5 inches long. I am pretty sure the woodpeckers are Hairy Woodpeckers. Mom thinks one might be a 3 toed, but I"m not sure. I think they are all from a family of the same bird. 


 The chickadees were so cute. I tried to get them to eat from my hand, but the closest they would come was the edge of the feeder dish.
                                   

 There were two who seemed to 'hang' together quite a bit. The larger one with the red often harassed the smaller one without the spot.
The grosbeaks were also brave enough to eat while I was quite close with the camera. It was fun!!!
 Mom spent quite a bit of the afternoon sitting and watching the camp robbers, ducks, and the birds I captured in photos.




The birds are flying around eating and hiding seeds like snow is on the horizon. They may know something we don't....

2 comments:

Daniel said...

What beautiful birds!

Daniel said...

What beautiful birds!