Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sunshine again!

Well, we had a week or so of rain, but it is now over and the sun has come out again. (Almost a song from Annie!) Everything grew like crazy. S has been mowing tonight and the garden needs weeded something terrible. My Himalayan (sp) Balsam are HUGE and full of bees, the swallows are all grown, and the butterfly bushes are blooming. My evening primroses look great, too. And I have even MORE roses budding and a sunflower came up volunteer in the rose patch!
We also heard from T. It was the token call home. Basic starts tomorrow. He said it was hot. (I can imagine. The humidity in Ft Knox said in the 90's and the temp tomorrow night at 10pm is expected to be 75 degrees. (ICKY)) It must be like Korea in the summer. Probably hotter, though. Outside of that, not much news from him. He said he'd write soon. I hope so!
Haven't gotten the HP book, but not a problem. Re-reading some Mercedes Lackey stuff. Have some more of hers on reserve. I love ILL. :o) Tillamook County Fair is soon and J goes to Scout camp and then it is Moograss over Labor Day weekend. OH-And I forgot the newest TAPA play (see link). Can't wait to see that one! Am also looking very forward to The Golden Compass coming out later this year.
Hey, Jake, do you read these? :o)

2 comments:

aksunflour said...

Yes! I read them.... just difficult to comment sometimes. As I read them while nursing Bumpkins to sleep.
I'm glad T called and made it safe. A friend of Princess' leaves for navy training on Thursday. All these kids leaving is kind of scary.
Show me flower pix of something not purple. please.

Andreanalaska said...

Mom is such a liar, she doesn't read them, it's because she doesn't care. I do though :)