Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Of note

When one is baking one must remember all the ingredients. And sometimes it is very hard to add them later! Especially, when the mixture is complete and baked and done. I had thought that my chocolate chip cookie dough looked funny and then they baked really odd, but hey...they were chocolate. After they were all finished, I ate one and immediately realised I had forgotten...THE EGGS! Ah, well. Happy New Year, eh?
Other than that, I did some projects today and won a game of Scrabble. Actually, J and I were playing together and I had no idea we won until I used the back of the score sheet to write a list on. I was pretty surprised. Teddy got to go up to the Mtns with S and T and J. When we get the photos on the computer, I will try to load some on. My mum and my sis called today and that was fun.
We are just hanging out and not really looking forward to the day when T leaves (Monday). I did hear from another friend who is headed for the Ukraine. Mailing him letters will be as interesting as it was when we sent them to B when he was in jail!! We get to send him what is called a pouch letter. I have to read up on them, they sound unusual. Kind of makes me wish I had sent him some when he was in Utah!
Well, hope everyone had a good start to the new year and I am not going to recap this year as Jake did. It has been pretty long and full of many corners. Our family is just looking forward to seeing where the next one will take us.
Book of the day: Finally finished Hans Brinker and am planning on starting one that I put down somewhere that is about baseball or something. It belongs to a friend.

2 comments:

aksunflour said...

Hans Brinker... haven't read that book in AGES!

How were your cookies? I once attempted pumpkin pie w/o the eggs- but remembered when it was in the oven for 5 min. Pulled them out and added the eggs and put them back. Nobody noticed. (Maybe it was because they had already found the turkey neck in the turkey that was forgot).

Noelle said...

My favorite food mechanic (Alton Brown) said "...in short, were it not for eggs, life as we know it would not exist-in the kitchen, or anywhere else for that matter."


I am sad that it took me so long to figure out that you had a blog! I should have know someone who likes to talk and write as much as you would have one.

miss you!