Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Field of Breeze

Yup, that is this place in a nutshell. It is always blowing here and we managed to miss the windstorm from last weekend. Not sure how that happened, but we missed the one on the coast by a few days and this one by a few minutes or so. We did see a grain elevator in Adams that was down and we drove through a brown out for a few miles, but the rest of the way was pretty fine.

The Tillamook visit was fun in spots. We are going to miss peoples so much. I took some photos, but several more are on a camera that we have not used up yet. It snowed on Sunday and when we left Monday, it did take awhile to get to Portland. The house we stayed in was fun. It was a 'quirky' place as one of our visitors called it. Old fashioned, but pretty neat. You can find it under Heart's Haven VRBO using the Google technique. (I am sure Jake could do the clicky thing that lets you go to the site, but I am still a newbie at this.)

It was very hard letting T go. But, on the ironic note, we got back to Athena and he had a jury summons for Feb waiting for him!!! I wrote back and suggested that they might reconsider his name and told them why. I do think a commute from Kuwait and Iraq to Tillamook might be more than the county would want to fork out for traveling expenses!!!

I have started babysitting for some friends and Dot made an excellent dinner this evening. It would go well on baked potatoes, she put it over egg noodles.

It is:
1 lb of hamburger, browned and drained
1 14 oz can of tomato sauce
about a cup of water
1 packet of taco seasoning mix
Combine these items and simmer for at least 15 minutes.
Add half of a bag of Dorito corn chips in your favorite flavor. Stir in and simmer until Doritos are soft.
Top with shredded cheese and serve.

It is called a Dorito casserole recipe, but it is more of an entree mixture to add to a meal. Have fun with it and let me know how it turned out.

Book of the day: I read my friend's book about the baseball. It was wonderful and a tad hard to follow, it also had a confusing title. Cutting Loose was it, I think. I am now reading one my sis sent about a cat who came for Christmas. It was the only thing I had as most everything else is still packed!!!! I am pretty sure I have it in a box, but as Jake's was not packed. It is the one that is more important.

1 comment:

aksunflour said...

Ok did a google of Heart's Haven and your blog showed up as choice #4. The ad did say "Rain or shine..... nothing about SNOW though".

Geez the county of Athena must be hurting for jury people- you just moved there! and the kid just turned 18!

Sorry about giving you a duplicate book. Kind of difficult to find books that you don't own. On the other hand I bet you didn't have the pickle reflections one.