Friday, March 02, 2007

In like a lamb

So far, March seems to be coming in like a lamb. Lots of gentle spring mists. The kind that get you soaked when you stay outside for more than 5 minutes.
I got the bird feeders all cleaned and set up. No birds yet, but they are still probably nervous becuase the cats like to jump on the feeders. Maxwell, the gray one, likes to sleep on the feeder in the summer. (I think he thinks it is cooler) So, much of the year, we have to keep the feeders empty.
Moses went with us to town today. He was not totally impressed, but he did ok. He really is getting big. When we went to the shop, several people commented on his size and it dawned on me then that he is a big cat. Very sturdy. He is a bit of a bully, too. I am trying to add a pix of Moses andMax in one of their good moments! We'll see if it works.
Tillmook Boys won their game tonight, so they are for sure going to state. The girls play tomorrow night. It will be a busy day with Good Will Good Turn for Scouts in the morning and the game in the afternoon. Collecting and bagging stuff for GWGT is a lot of work, but it is fun, too. I have an idea that I might 'run' it next year. We'll see.
Made cookies and a cake today. Then realised the house was 77 degrees and decided to turn off the stove and turn down the woodstove!!! Watched the Count of Monte Cristo tonight. It is a fun movie. But, I did like Cats! better! I think that T's Lion costume might look a bit like Rum Tum Tugger's and a bit like Old Duet's. It should be fun.

1 comment:

Andreanalaska said...

See...more rain!!! Beautiful, I dont miss the moutains that much. Hate getting soaked in under 5 min. Humidity does not bode well for my hair. It is sooooooo cold here though. Cali and China will be a nice change :) If I can go. ttyl