Monday, November 23, 2020

Alaska Catch Up-August

I didn't upload much after early August because the program was so annoying. So, I'll add a few posts of fun things that may or may not be also on FB. 
There was a young entertaining squirrel hanging around the house. And the bird feeder!! 

Below is a drawing found in a package of genealogy papers. Mum, it seems, attended a class and I can only surmise this Homer artist did as well. 
The bottom two photos of of Dad. They were with a nice letter I am also sharing here. 



Birds were among my friendly visitors during the summer! 

As was this little vole! 
 I took a great many photos of this scene over the course of the last months I was on the lake. It is the view from the back step. 


One day it was raining and sunny at the same time. I wanted to capture the sparkles on the water, but I reckon they can be imagined!!! 
The trees in Nikiski always fascinate. I love  how the colors and textures mix in the woods. 

 This photo is actually what Tony calls our family 'Leg Lamp' (citing A Christmas Story). It is a rather large statue purchased off of TV by our Gramps when mum and dad were married. Because Gramps said they were 'billing and cooing' like two damn doves. It has always made  me laugh and cringe and when I was going to get rid of it, it was suggested we needed to keep the 'lamp'. So, not sure what we'll do with it, but it was kept!! 
One of my very favorite teachers, Mrs. Louise Mika. 

No comments: