Thursday, August 06, 2020

A beautiful Wednesday- Moose edition!

Piffle. Dadburn new blogger program. This is supposed to be a moose, as you can tell, it is not. This is a photo of what I saw while photographing wildlife. It was taken first, but should be at the end of the post. I am having trouble figuring out how to remove a photo or move it--so, this nest is now instead of last. It was odd, I was watching the woods and saw white fluttering with birds. I couldn't tell what it was until I photographed it. I was VERY surprised, also glad it was empty! 
THIS is the moose post!!! When I was making the bed, I noticed moose out the window near the end of the drive. So, I grabbed my camera. I've not seen moose in not evening light yet this summer. There were two. A mom and a calf, the calf seems smaller than it should be. In August, babies are still small, but it is like this one was born later in spring. Odd. Mom wandered off to one side of the drive and the calf went to the other side. I was supposed to leave to do errands, but wasn't sure if I could! The car wasn't close to the house and I did not want to get in between the mom and her kid!
 Someone screamed by on the Pipeline on an ATV with their dog hot footing it as fast as possible nearby. Mom was NOT impressed. She dashed out into the drive to look for her young one, who came dashing back to meet her! 

They went off into the woods and I thought that would be the last I'd see of them. It wasn't. They were in the yard later in the afternoon. 
I didn't see the calf again, but mom was keeping an eye on me. I was outside with a book and heard noise. Yup, this gal was right outside of the mowed areas full of tall clover. There were a lot of people out and about on the road, so the pair kept nearby. When I was playing with the birds, I often heard snuffling sounds. I didn't see much of them after I took these photos, but I knew they were there!

 I was going to add more words between pictures, but blogger is highlighting them all and it isn't what I wanted them to do!

 I also saw one of them Thursday morning, but haven't spied them nearer than the end of the driveway. I think mom was eating daisies. She had a white spot on the side of her jaw! 


No comments: