Thursday, August 06, 2020

A beautiful Wednesday! For the Birds, post-

Blogger has forced users to use their new blogger plan. It has many issues, for the blogger, so I hope it is ok for a viewer! This post is from Wednesday afternoon on August 6, 2020. It was stunning and HOT and the little birds were intent on foraging for seeds. I tried to get pictures of them in their natural habitat, but it appears the preferred habitat was somewhere with black sunflower seeds! 
They were very ok with feeding from the palm of my hand and some even slid under my arm and hand that were draped on the bird feeder to get seeds still in the feeder! Since my arm was getting tired of being held in the air, the hanging feeder was a lovely place to drape the weak appendage! 
This one actually hopped all over my hand to find the right seed. The photos at the very bottom are a part of this set of pictures, but I couldn't figure out how to move them! 
This little guy was a MESS! I got a closer photo when it landed on the coated wire of the feeder, but it was too close and was really blurry. It is hard to focus a camera when the subject has wings and is liable to fly off in a second. I think the yellow all over the chest and beak was pollen. I'm not sure from where, but it was obvious this guy needed cleaning! 
I had one land on my shoulder the other day and this Wednesday one landed on my HEAD! Since they were being so tame, I wondered if they'd feed from my shoulder and this one did!!!! Their little claws didn't hurt at all, I was surprised. 


I will probably have more to share, it is so much fun to be able to feed these tiny friends from my hand!! Since they are getting so used to me, they are much braver. Even the voles aren't afraid of me and I opted to go inside when the one who lives in the wood pile ran over my sandal shod foot!! 

No comments: