Monday, June 04, 2018

Nikiski Pipeline Construction #9

I'm about two weeks behind the construction. If you haven't seen the first 8 posts, please follow the link (1-8). I think that will work and I'll continue to do this until the construction is finished. 
After the pipe was laid in the ditch in post #8, the pipe was prepared to cross the road. The road wasn't dug up until the next day, but all the prep work was done so things were ready to pop into place. Because I didn't post anything for quite a while, these photos here compromise a couple of days. 


 The photo below is right in front of mom's drive. It was fascinating to watch two rigs lift and move the pipes into the ground. I have to also mention, mom's landline is right in this area and the crew was incredibly careful about keeping the line intact throughout the entire procedure.



 Here Peak is finally tearing up the main road nearest our driveway. Thankfully, Claire Road was an alternate access to Lamplight.
 Orange fencing to keep stray moose and people out of the dangerous drop.




I was really glad to watch this section of the work. When they went under Lamplight, they literally went under it (I think I mentioned that). This time Peak efficiently dug up the road and laid the pipe down.

No comments: