Monday, June 04, 2018

Almost done on the Pipeline! #11

Well, they are almost done with the construction part of the work on the pipeline by mom's house! This job isn't going to be completely finished for a while yet. 
I added the tractor photo from the last post because this is sort of ironic. Remember I had mentioned how mom's landline hadn't been disrupted in all of the work done? Well, the Friday before Memorial Day weekend, the tractor came past to smooth out everything and snicked mom's landline in half. (it wasn't buried very far under the ground and it was still marked, it was just an ironic accident) Well, because I  know pay GCI for the landline and the actual old line is owned by ACS, no one was slated to fix it. So, Peak came out to bandage it for the duration. 
Dan called in a few guys on a holiday weekend. I'm so grateful for them! 


Justin found the first half, the rest was dug up and thankfully still intact. So, Justin put it all together and it is now marked with a slight depression and two sticks in the soft soil to show where the mend is. Now, we need to wait for ACS to come out and completely fix it. 


The first Saturday in June was tidy up the Pipeline day. Tractors and Peak employees worked hard to erase the marks of man and move the last of the equipment further down the road. The entire line is 8 miles. I've not gone to the other end to see how close they are to finishing. I don't often drive on Island Lake, but since I started this series of posts over there, I reckon I should wander that way and complete the saga! 



I'm going to miss this. It has been an interesting journey to follow. I've met some nice people and learned a great deal about something that is literally in my backyard! I did notice the robin in the nest near where they tore up the road has her eggs hatched now and the moose are criss crossing the road easier. I'm also glad the line is laid for the ducks. About the time we have mid sized ducklings, usually one family walks down the road to the neighbor's lake. Make way for Ducklings doesn't just happen in busy cities, it happens out in the wilderness, too! 
Links to the other pipeline posts here. Inside each post are links to the other posts. Kind of like an onion, only no tears. 

No comments: