Thursday, May 17, 2018

Pipeline Road Update 6

So much has been going on this last week, it is crazy! I've spoken with a few of the workers and learned some new things. I think they know me as that crazy lady with the camera!!!! Peak is the company who is doing the majority of the work on the pipeline. Others are helping with testing, environmental safety, and so much more. I'm not entirely knowledgeable about what is going on, I've been careful about getting too close, but it sure is a great deal of fun to watch! 
The work on the far side of Lamplight has moved closer to our area! 

 These next two photos are very cool. The 'line' you see in the first photo and the one in the last are finally connected. The pipe went under the entire road! I can't show you how far this is with just my camera, but it is quite a ways. I learned this is the 4th line under the soil in this area. It boggles the mind how much is underneath!



 The last few days work has been done to bury the pipe. Long trenches have been dug out and the workers are moving right along.
 The final welding is being done under tarps, people are inspecting, and the pipe is being placed carefully in its final bed.


A welding truck from Peak. Everything a welder needs, right at hand!
Changes all around us. Some things are being covered, others are emerging! Welcome little fiddleheads to a new world on the Pipeline Road. 


No comments: