Saturday, May 19, 2018

A Day in Pipeline Construction! (7)

Friday was really busy on the Pipeline road where mum's house is. A lot of things were happening and I was fortunate enough to have been around to watch much of it. Many of these photos are similar, they show parts of the work I found interesting. Some pictures might seem self explanatory, I still found them interesting! I will put all my photos from Friday into two posts since I took so many. 
This company and those how are working with Peak and Hilcorp are incredibly kind to this civilian lady with the camera. I've learned a great deal. I didn't take a picture of the pile of tires next to the paved road-I should have. It appears those are very useful contraptions. They are put on the asphalt so when these giant tractors drive across the roadbed isn't harmed. Pretty cool, huh? 
I took the first couple of photos on Thursday night after everyone was gone.


These next photos were Friday around noon. Thankfully, traffic could go around and use Claire Road to get to Lamplight since the road was blocked. 


One of the crazy looking tools used in working on the project. There are other tools which resemble small Kirby products. They don't clean, though. Those identify where lines and other pipes might be. 

 You can tell how deep the ditch is here. The tarp is over a spot where they are welding and the tree is on the edge of the ditch!
When the pipes need moved, a couple of things might be used. Here straps were brought into play. 

This man isn't holding a selfie stick. It is a contraption that is placed on the welds after the pipe is put in the trench. It is a GPS tool and marks exactly where each weld is. 

One of the workers took these photos for me. It was raining one of those light misty rains that doesn't get you wet til suddenly you realise you are soaked. I was entirely thankful Justin got these for me. I don't like getting in the way and I absolutely wanted to see what was inside the trench!!!! 



I went back and forth this Friday and was absolutely fascinated! 

No comments: