Sunday, May 13, 2018

Pipe lines in Oregon and Alaska (5)

I'm glad I wasn't there for this. The sewer lines needed dug up. Steve and Jon did the manual labor and the company put in the new line. Jonathan thought it was entirely reminiscent of when he helped Randall dig  up the electrical line from the house to the garage last September. Although, he said it was hotter in Oregon and he didn't miss the mosquitoes. 



Steve said they had to take out this root below. The guys putting in the line said they often need to remove large roots and it should be ok. I hope so, that locust is rather tall and having it fall would be daunting. The pipes are all buried and now the guys get to put the sod back. It will be awhile til the yard is all pretty again, but the job is done and they can wash clothes and dishes and people again. Jon's still miffed about the internet being mucked up still! 

Not a lot has been going on with the pipeline by the house. Most of the work has been done elsewhere. I was able to talk to one of the managers and he told me the sounds I heard were real. Now I don't recall the name, but I was pretty thankful it wasn't my imagination! He also said they were moving faster as some new welders were helping and they were up to 20 a day instead of 6. 


I'd like to find out what these are for. Only a few pipes have this burnt ash end like thing. I'm assuming it is when it goes under the road. There have been many people out doing inspections and a welding truck drives by often. 

The lake is ice free finally and I need to retrieve the 'dock' from where I pulled it from the water last fall. So glad we have water in the lake this year!!!!!! The golden eye and mallards are fighting and the green teal are back! 

I visited the beach on Saturday for a bit. It was a bit frothy and chill, but so pretty!!!! No mountains, though. 





No comments: