Thursday, March 22, 2018

Updating the Pipeline!

These photos are from March 15 until the 21st. It is a progression of the work being done--it isn't finished yet! Some of the photos may look similar, they are of the same AREAS but show different stages. 
They were working in the snow, while it was snowing, and now while we have a thaw! 

(Yard selfie of Kris in snow!)
 I got to walk down and watch some of the workers move the pipes from where they were stacked to where they would sit til they are stuck together before being dropped underground. I'm curious to see what they'll do to cross the road--


 This is looking down the road-right when you turn onto the Pipeline off of Lamplight.
 Thankfully, they left a stand of trees at the end of mom's drive. They took out so many, I was glad to see those remained.


 Looking down to mom's 'drive' from Claire Road. You really can't see where mum's is, but it is way down there on the left side.

 I found this cool stump and added bits to the second one so  you could see the cougar I found!


 I sat on one of the metal pipes. They are very cold and not very big around. It was really quite frigid out, too. Wind chill I think dropped it to about 18 degrees. Probably colder in the shade!

 This is right across the drive from Traxinger's Road as you drive down the Pipeline. These parts are somehow stuck together and on wood structures. The pipes are about chest high on me.It was actually pretty warm up there!!
I'll try to post more as it happen. It is fun to watch the development of this new gas line!

No comments: