Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Sunshine and Snow!

Monday I found a lovely long letter in the mailbox from Carrie B!!! I waited to read it until I found the perfect place. A lovely wintery beach! I did stay in the car because it was breezy and chill. It was a splendid read and spanned several months! (thank you so much!) 
The tide was high (EAR WORM! lol) and full of ice chunks. There was a ship in, but I didn't get photos of her. I was at the Tesoro beach. Salmatof. 

 There was a trail of footprints to the edge of what appears to be the beach. I didn't go out that far, I was wearing the wrong boots. BUT, as I followed the tracks, I found rocks!

 I also fell into the rocks. It appears they had snow under them. I had thought the pit was for a fire, but it was just a hole on the beach. Crazy, but lovely to find rocks again.
 I dabbled around for quite a while and took home about 5. Wonderful things, rocks!
 A mom and her son were going to walk on the beach, but got to the edge and and stopped. When questioned, she said the water was at the bottom and there was no beach left! So, they didn't stay long.
 A man brought THREE tiny little itty dogs to the beach. Not sure what he was doing, but his dogs were scampering up and down. I kept looking for eagles, I didn't see any! The dogs were probably lucky.
 I drove to the Island Lake side of the Pipeline road. There is a lot of work being done and I wondered how far along it was on the other side. They have sections out, and a lot of trees are cut down. I guess working in snow is much easier than mud and weeds and mosquitoes!
 If I had something other than mom's rig, I'd have tried to take this road!
I went back to the beach to see more of the sunset. It was truly a lovely afternoon by the water. 
Then, Tuesday morning dawned with SNOW! I think we got more than an inch. By late afternoon, it had warmed up and was even prettier than it was on Monday. The snow was ready to be played in. So, I parked my Diet Pepsi and went to make a snowperson. 
 Other than her metal pipe nose, she's all organic! Her hair is bits of branches blown from the trees, her eye brows are a type of lichen on the trees, her arms are mossy limbs, her eyes are made of broken off stubs fallen from the evergreen near the shop, and her mouth is a flower mum tossed out ages ago. She's retaining ice water and I hope she lasts awhile!

 We posed together a couple of times. I've not named her yet, I am sure I'll think of something!




1 comment:

LINDA'S BOOK GARDEN said...

Lovely post, Kris!