Friday, March 30, 2018

Pipeline--second post

March 29. There is serious work being done with pipes and whatnot all along the road that was created for the pipeline. I learned today that a company called Peak won the bid for this job from Hillcorp. They are going to put in 8 miles of new pipe. I'll add more information as I find it. I am not sure what the first two photos are. A lot of working people and machines and metal!! 

 After everyone left, I went out near mum's house to look at the work being done. Many of the pipes have been welded together. The color around them, as I understood it, determines what kind of weld it is. The welds will eventually be redone and x-rayed to make sure the pipes are absolutely sealed tight.

 Before the pipes are moved to their final resting place in the earth, they sit on 'cribs' of wood. Not all cribs were made the same.....

 These two pipes are not connected yet, they will go under the road at some point.
This is looking down the road from near mum's. The orange sign is reminding people there are overhead power lines directly above. Those are going to mum's house. 

 Now this photo is kind of interesting, too. If you enlarge it, you will see two orange stars in the upper right area of the picture. Those are on each side of what I am thinking will be the bed for the pipeline.
 Pipeline selfie!!!
 As I walked back to mum's just after just after 8 pm, I noticed the small puddles made by the day's sunshine were starting to ice over. This large puddle is right next to mum's drive. The young neighbor from across the lake drove thru it very sedately!

Every day brings new changes to the progression of this project. It is great fun watching what happens next!

No comments: