Saturday, December 02, 2017

New Snow!

The forecast predicted snow, but the two sites I follow were a bit different in their predictions. One said we'd get about 3 inches. The other said about inch and then it would turn to sleet off and on. They were both right! We got more than an inch, we did get ice pellets and freezing rain on top of fluffy stuff, and the precipitation has been off and on all day. 
I finally figured I'd better sweep and then shovel things off after 8 am. 
 It was not really productive as the snow was falling as fast as I moved it off the sidewalk! 

 In the afternoon we got some lovely fluffy greeting card flakes. Mum asked if I could capture them with my camera. Since I'd not gone outside to shovel paths in the snow and I didn't have on my boots, the photos I got were not as pretty as they might be.

 Mum went to the shop and made me realise I needed to get out of my books and into the snow!
So, after 330, I went out. It was starting to get dark. When you are reading, you forget things like weather and chores and darkness! Poor Obi was wading and appreciated the paths I finally made. 
 As I was moving the snow, I realised it was heavy. I wondered what kind of snow balls it would make and eventually created Fritz. He has a nose made of curled metal (a part of a plant hanger thing that came down when mum fell on it a while back), birch leaf eyes and mouth, and a bird seed 'scarf'. He is also about 5 feet tall or so. I recycled part of the first snowman for this one's middle section (it was falling over anyway!) and fished the arms out from where they were buried by the fresh snow.

 I hope Fritz lasts thru the night, we're supposed to get more rain and snow. I'd like to photograph him in daylight!


No comments: