Saturday, December 23, 2017

Winter Solstice

One of the places I visited during the longest day of the year was Arness Dock. I went back on the afternoon of the Winter Solstice. It wasn't too cold up on the hill, as I descended I took a selfie to commemorate the new season, new ideas, new thoughts, and new beginnings. (I love winter!) I walked down to the beach cuz there was a bit of snow on the road and I didn't want to risk getting stuck. 

On the beach it was COLD!!!!! The cool ice clumps from November were gone (I didn't photograph the inlet) and the rocks were all frosty. Pretty, but very frosty. I looked for a heart rock and found a heart of ice Super pretty and lacy, but not conducive to hold in one's pocket for very long. (cue singing of Foreigner song 'Cold as Ice'.) 


On the way back to mum's I stopped to watch the fiery sun drop into the snowy trees. 




It was rather magical to witness this end of the shortest day of lighted hours. I didn't celebrate with a bonfire, it was really chilly! I did have a woodsy scented candle It kept blowing out, though. I think I had to relight it 3 times! 
May  your winter season be full of amazing adventures, blessings galore, and surround you with cheer.  


No comments: