Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Spring Snow

When Alaska gets winter, it does take a while before it breaks fully into spring. On Tuesday, snow fell all across the state. Here, in N. Kenai, Wednesday looks a lot like it might rain. Which will start the breakup cycle for sure! Although, we may get more snow for a bit. I'm loving it! One of the cool things about winter is seeing shapes in the trees. I had no idea this tree had a branch curling around itself!! 


 Obi doesn't mind the snow, he does mind shovels. He kept grabbing the plastic blade with his teeth to keep me from using it. Very odd dog!
 It had stopped snowing and at 8 pm I noticed the sun on the tops of the trees. I decided to go look for the sunset. It was moving faster than I was! I wanted to go to the top of  this hill (by Traxinger's driveway) and look over the sky, but alas...I was only able to catch a piece of the glow here in a patch of snow.
 You can see how quickly it dropped!
 It was orangish and then to the left, it was blue like again. What a wonderful world we live in!!

After the sun finally sank into the mountains, the skies lit up again. It was about 11 when I noticed to the sunset side of the sky, different colors in the clouds. Purples and greens lit things up til I could almost read! I wondered how much more amazing it would have been if the clouds had not been in the way? Incredible wonderful world!

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Love the golden glow in the next to last picture.