Friday, February 17, 2017

On my nose and eyelashes....

Snow is truly one of my favorite things. Thankfully, I have had the opportunity to enjoy it many many times in the last couple of months. This picture was taken around 230 or earlier in the morning on Wed. Valentine's Day, there was very little new snow and it was sloppy out with rain. Early on the morning of the 15th, it started to snow. A lot. A lot of snow. It was sort of wet, so I managed to roll some balls and 'fix' the snow guardians who had pretty much melted away. 
Don't they look splendid?! I did put their pill bottle noses back, too. 

 The school next door were not able to use their gym, so they came outside and made snow creations. Sadly, the heads on this snowperson and another one were removed during the night. Rough neighborhood for snowpeople. (the flags and some of the other pieces were brought back in at the end of the school day.) The warm sunshine was nice to work in and I was able to clear off the car and most of the sidewalk.



One of the many fun snow moving contraptions used on the Kenai streets. Snow removal is a hot topic this winter! It has been a wonderful winter!!! The forecast didn't appear to call for too much more, BUT...............
 Before dinner, it started snowing AGAIN! Big, giant fluffy huge flakes. I was giddy with delight!
 I went out several times before 1030 to move snow off the sidewalk and drive. The warm day created a sheen of water on the pavement/cement, which was covered by the new snow and made things treacherous. You can see the newly remade snow guardians are now blanketed with white comforters. The following are random snow photos from my cell phone or the camera.





 It only snowed a few hours, but it was rather thorough! On Friday morning, I decided I needed to clear off mom's car. It started snowing again, but this time it wasn't quite as intense. I was able to get out and do some needed errands. I forgot the camera, though. Very glad I had the cell phone with me.
 The last photo is exactly why parking lots in Alaska are so large. It isn't because we are in the biggest state and tend to show off, but because a place to put snow is rather important! If you click on the photo and look at the light poles, you can see how much snow is piled there.
We have had some more snow fall, but it is a dusting on the icy way. I hope we don't get any wind, THAT makes a mess. The next few days show sunshine and cold days. It is gonna be gorgeous out there! 

No comments: