Saturday, February 04, 2017

Kris' birthday

My last birthday in Alaska was after daddy died. I am pretty sure it was at Eileen's house. I also remember something about pulling a frozen salmon from the Eagle where the neighbor has stashed it. A complete gutted fish. I think it was cuz I wanted salmon for my birthday. This year, Rose of the house of Minnesota Hockey and fish, gave me an outfit she had in her work office. And many more nice things happened. 
 I made a chocolate chip coffee cake from Bisquick.
 Randall, of the Glorious Toys, brought me flowers (they are still looking rather nice, they might need water, though). In the mail that day was a card from Dorothy and then I got one from Leon and Julie.
 Then, it was Jonathan's birthday. I got mail and apple fritters.  AND my friend, Lori, is getting her new book ready to pre-order. (one which features 'Krissy's Brews and Buns'--or something like that!) So, my own birthday went on a bit longer! Hooray!!!!!
 (I had to eat half, so it would fit in the container!!)

I will close out my birthday post with this sage advice from Dr. Suess:

  “And when things start to happen, don’t worry. Don’t stew. Just go right along. You’ll start happening too!”

No comments: