Friday, September 04, 2015

Random Shots on the Pipeline Road

Fireweed in fall turns a bright red. Spires of crimson leaves with white smoky seed heads atop. These still are not quite 'topped' out yet. 
 Red is an autumn color. The rose hips are turning brilliant and shine in the sunshine like Rudolf's nose.
 I laughed when I saw these sitting all snug on the path. Green growth in grass, a dying leaf, a plain pebble, and a fallen pine cone. All tiny and all a part of life.
 This piece of rubbish did NOT make me laugh. It caused me to reflect on how fast technology comes and goes. When Tony did his Eagle Project on the Wilson River, they found an old tv. Huge and useless and a part of the trash that causes so much trouble in our world. Today, televisions are thinner and full of more kinds of garbage that ruin our environment. And yet, nature attempts to take it over and swallow it bit by bit.
 This is the edge of a pit. It might someday be a spot for a house, but at the moment it is a hole of gravel. I took this photo because a little more than a week ago, I sat just about where the edge of the sun is and read at about the same time this photo was taken. Except it was full sun for several hours. How fast does the sun move as the days grow short! (I believe this was about 430pm)
 Looking up into the sun filled branches of a birch.
 One of the best things about walking on a gravel road are the treasures you can find. I walk on this same road almost every day. I often look at my feet because I am a bit of a clutz and trip over the oddest things. Yet, the best things can be found on the ground! These next photos are of tiny agates that dust does NOT stick to. The first stone I held for about 2 minutes before remembering I had my camera and could photograph it in the gravel. The others are exactly where they were before I scooped them up and popped them in my pocket. I have found several of these and they seem to jump out of the grey landscape and I can't leave them all alone to shine by themselves!


I hope  you enjoyed walking with me along the Pipeline Road!! Later, we'll visit the lake again.

No comments: