Wednesday, September 30, 2015

After the First Snowfall.....

It snowed last night in Nikiski, but it quickly turned back to rain. Today the sun was shining and gold was shining everywhere. 
I was lamenting cuz it was too chilly for my summer clothes, but today appeared to be an exception. Capris and a tank top were more than adequate attire for splitting a bit of wood. Many of the pieces were already halved or quartered or even started, so it wasn't as large a chore as it could have been. Which was a good thing. This Alaskan gal may know how to use an axe, but she's not that good at it! 


I wasn't able to get out in the kayak today. I was kinda keeping to chores on shore, but I did take some photos. I also noticed the neighbor's took in their float this year (last year it was left out) and their lake toys are all put away. 



 I also found a spot of green among all the gold! A suburb day for the last day in September.


No comments: