Thursday, August 06, 2015

The whites of their eyes

Or at least, his eyes! I was sitting still and a squirrel decided to investigate some sunflower seeds I had dropped. He was very impressed with the bounty I had scattered. Kind of like largess, but less monetary. Although, maybe squirrel and bird currency could be in seed. Although, largess can also be gifts. 
 I used the zoom thing on my camera, but the little guy was fairly close to me. He was skittish, but seemed to adapt to eating from a shadow hand for a few seconds.
 I saw these claws and thought of some of the stories Michael shares! I also thought about how much like rabbits these things look like. Brian Jacques is often in my thoughts. Although squirrels and rabbits have NOTHING in common in Mossflower!!!


 Similar shots, but oh such a cutie!!!! I'd like to see a British one.

No comments: